I’ve recently been nominated for the Familiar (spirit) Animal Award and I wanted to say a very big thank you to ~
for thinking of me when picking your nominees! <3
Familiar Animal Blog Award Acceptance Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their page.
Post the award picture on your blog. been replaced
- Write a short paragraph about yourself and what your blog means to you.
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- Pick and notify ten nominees.
~ I’ve noticed this award being renamed and it’s offensive to Native Americans to use the word “Spirit Animal” if you are not of their culture, so I’ve changed stuff to “familiar” out of respect. (I’m a polish/irish/german and have no native american in me haha)
- Uhhhh let’s see.. I’m 26 years old, going to be 27 on September 29th. I live in the suburbs just outside of Chicago, Illinois. My favorite animal is a sloth. I really like hot and spicy foods. I have pretty bad social anxiety around people I’m not good friends with/family and I’m the most comfortable alone. I love letting music influence me and how I portray my story (music influences me A LOT when writing and relaxes me).
- And what this blog means to me? It means a lot, actually. This is my first attempt at a legacy and it was mostly just to see if I could make it to ten generations without giving up (and also because I had never played my game before that went further than the first generation haha). So far so good. Plus, after a certain period of time, I tend to get really, really attached to my Sims and their lives and stories, so giving up on them and not continuing their lives puts a damper on my own. I’m a pretty creative person and instead of spending most of my free time drawing or painting or crafting or whatever else (I used to always do artsy stuff like that but never fell in love with it like I have with writing), and have been writing since I was about 11 years old. Writing is what makes me the happiest and I don’t believe I’ll ever stop. This legacy helps keep me on track, too, with keeping my love for writing alive and it’s one of the VERY few things that I haven’t given up on yet. For me, that’s quite the accomplishment. As long as things continue to go smoothly for my game and I avoid too much writer’s block *knocks on wood* this story will stay alive until generation ten is over. Then who knows, maybe I’ll start another legacy challenge hehe
- I didn’t really know what to pick, so I took a random test I found and it told me I was most like a deer, so I guess that’s what my familar animal is haha to me, deer are shy and skittish and kind of just hang out by themselves most of the time, so that makes sense as far as how I relate to them mostly out of anything else.
“When you have the deer as
spiritfamiliar animal, you are highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. By affinity with this animal, you have the power to deal with challenges with grace. You master the art of being both determined and gentle in your approach. The deer totem wisdom imparts those with a special connection with this animal with the ability to be vigilant, move quickly, and trust their instincts to get out of the trickiest situations.”
I always have a hard time picking stories for these types of things because I don’t read enough as I should and I’m terrible for that >.< but I read some here on wordpress and others are over on tumblr.
- LilyShadowWriter – Different Winters
- LateKnightSimmer – Echoes of Eternity
- SandyBeachGirl – Listening to my Heart
- Blamsart – Light the Way to Heaven
- Stormy – The Wake of December
- Taina – The Torres Legacy
- TheNay83 – Montigo Legacy
- [tumblr] NeverSayeNeverMore – Misericordia
- [tumblr] NerNerShuman – The Only Exception
- [tumblr] Katsujii – Possession